Monday 5 November 2012

I'm still here!!!

Eeh bah gum!!!

I realised I hadn’t posted in a while but… October 8? Seriously?!

So… 28 days… four full weeks…

…look, I’ve been busy. Seriously. But fear not, I’ve also been running. In fact, over the past 28 days I’ve covered 279km in three countries: the UK (default), Germany (work) and Italy (holidays). I’ll tell you a bit more about Germany and Italy over the next few days, if another work trip (US) doesn’t get in the way… for now, I just wanted to reassure you that I’m still running. Still can’t stand it but still doing it. Indeed, I’ve started something called ‘runstreak’…

…basically, I’m trying to run at least one mile every day. No rest days and no cross-training, therefore defying all sane logic whilst following the advice of some fellow runners (can I actually say that?) on Twitter. Seems to work for some… let’s hope I’m one of them. If not, easy enough to revert to sanity. So far, I’ve run for 25 days in a row. Trust me, that’s nowt compared to the more committed nutters: if you don’t believe me, google away!

There you go, for now – and don’t worry, I will keep this up. Through the rain, the cold, the tiredness, I’ll keep it up. That’s been the case until this first week of November, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment