Tuesday 2 October 2012

Portishead Coast Path: My Trail Route [in 67 photos]

(no, you dont have to look at all of them!)

I’m still waiting to put fingers to keys about Sunday. Just waiting to get down from my high for the sake of a little objectivity… as much objectivity as a blog requires, anyway!

In the meantime, afford me the privilege to take you on my Coast Path run with me. This morning I headed out on my first post-HM run and duly treated myself to the soft terrain and enchanting views. Only that has the potential of being a dangerous combination when run at normal speed, so I set off with camera and the mindset that I’d stop/start along the trail section to capture those views for posterity. I’d decided to do so a few weeks back but with no precise schedule in mind: given days are getting shorter and are unlikely to get any drier, and since I’d earnt this with my 21.0975km on Sunday, today felt like as good a time as any…

so head off to http://www.flickr.com/photos/81507971@N08/ and either click on ‘Slideshow’ or browse at will. I still maintain that I can’t stand running, that the runs themselves are boring and tedious affairs until they end and, whilst enjoyment remains a distant dream, some degree of achievement and satisfaction may occasionally kick in. But this particular route… well, it’s a tad easier on the eye, let’s put it like that.

(And no, I’m not going to insert any photos here. You can darn well click on the link!)

No comments:

Post a Comment